Tuesday, July 26, 2011

@ The Raleigh la vida es más sabrosa



Courtesy of The Raleigh

I'm not a mega hotel kind of gal. I never was, I'll never be.

Because I travel a lot, sometimes I feel really lonely, so I enjoy and appreciate when
people call me by my name because they already know me, not because they look at the computer.

That little thing is a HUGE thing when you spend so much time away from home.

I always look after really cozy, charming, small, boutique hotels.

In Mexico, I usually stay at La Condesa. In Río, Fasano it is.

In Buenos Aires I recently discovered Casa Sur. That one was was not as good as Home, the best boutique hotel in Buenos Aires, but it worked out because of it's location in La Recoleta.

In Miami, my first option would be Keyla Medina's house, meaning, my best friend's couch or if I'm lucky, and I'm able to choose, I prefer The Raleigh.

This is a non pretentious, effortless style place and it really gets me. I feel Truman Capote can come in at any given moment. The beds are comfy, most of the staff speaks Spanish, the pool is a true oasis, it is steps away from the beach, they rent vintage bikes and it's Royal Restaurant is yummy for my tummy.

I never got to try the famous lemon ricotta pancakes, so I guess I'll have to come back!

www.theraleighhotel.com


XOXO Jen, La Gerente

No comments:

Post a Comment